May 15, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Things are looking more and more bleak for injured Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, as reports from his home country are suggesting he is still very much a longshot to make a full recover in time for the World Cup.
According to Ed Malyon of the Daily Mirror, those Colombian reports suggest Falcao will hold a press conference next week to announce he will not be fit in time to play in Brazil.
Just a month ago Falcao said he was “recovering quickly,” and was included in Colombia’s preliminary 29-man roster submitted by coach Jose Pekerman two days ago.
His father, Radamel Garcia, told Spanish RCN Radio that his son has “recovered by 60%” from his ACL tear, a bleak number given that the World Cup is just a month away.
“Clinically he is fine,” Falcao’s father was quoted in Marca as saying, “The problem I see is with football. He lacks stamina, strength, speed, coordination, the combination of things that are fundamental
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0