May 15, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Things are looking more and more bleak for injured Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, as reports from his home country are suggesting he is still very much a longshot to make a full recover in time for the World Cup.
According to Ed Malyon of the Daily Mirror, those Colombian reports suggest Falcao will hold a press conference next week to announce he will not be fit in time to play in Brazil.
Just a month ago Falcao said he was “recovering quickly,” and was included in Colombia’s preliminary 29-man roster submitted by coach Jose Pekerman two days ago.
His father, Radamel Garcia, told Spanish RCN Radio that his son has “recovered by 60%” from his ACL tear, a bleak number given that the World Cup is just a month away.
“Clinically he is fine,” Falcao’s father was quoted in Marca as saying, “The problem I see is with football. He lacks stamina, strength, speed, coordination, the combination of things that are fundamental
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3