May 15, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Things are looking more and more bleak for injured Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, as reports from his home country are suggesting he is still very much a longshot to make a full recover in time for the World Cup.
According to Ed Malyon of the Daily Mirror, those Colombian reports suggest Falcao will hold a press conference next week to announce he will not be fit in time to play in Brazil.
Just a month ago Falcao said he was “recovering quickly,” and was included in Colombia’s preliminary 29-man roster submitted by coach Jose Pekerman two days ago.
His father, Radamel Garcia, told Spanish RCN Radio that his son has “recovered by 60%” from his ACL tear, a bleak number given that the World Cup is just a month away.
“Clinically he is fine,” Falcao’s father was quoted in Marca as saying, “The problem I see is with football. He lacks stamina, strength, speed, coordination, the combination of things that are fundamental
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 0
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 6
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 2