May 15, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Things are looking more and more bleak for injured Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, as reports from his home country are suggesting he is still very much a longshot to make a full recover in time for the World Cup.
According to Ed Malyon of the Daily Mirror, those Colombian reports suggest Falcao will hold a press conference next week to announce he will not be fit in time to play in Brazil.
Just a month ago Falcao said he was “recovering quickly,” and was included in Colombia’s preliminary 29-man roster submitted by coach Jose Pekerman two days ago.
His father, Radamel Garcia, told Spanish RCN Radio that his son has “recovered by 60%” from his ACL tear, a bleak number given that the World Cup is just a month away.
“Clinically he is fine,” Falcao’s father was quoted in Marca as saying, “The problem I see is with football. He lacks stamina, strength, speed, coordination, the combination of things that are fundamental
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 5
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0