May 15, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
As is often the case on the final weekend, fans in stadiums around the Premier League are not only glued to the pitch in front of them, but to the scoreboards across the league as well.
With technology the way it is these days, news of changing scorelines can spread swiftly to those fans of teams that need results outside their own.
In the final edition of I Was There this season, watch as Manchester City and Liverpool fans watch their teams and feel a roller coaster of emotions as the games ebb and flow through the 90 minutes, ultimately capping in Manuel Pellegrini’s City taking home the crown.
City fans invade the pitch to celebrate, as Liverpool supporters feel a stinging pain in the Anfield seats but support their club’s near miss nonetheless, as it still far exceeded expectations for this season.
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 1
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6