May 16, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
A ridiculously low amount of away tickets have been set aside by Barcelona for visiting Atletico Madrid fans for tomorrow’s match, which will decide the La Liga title.
According to the Daily Mail, the Nou Camp has allocated just 447 away tickets, which amounts to 0.4% of the Nou Camp’s near-100,000 person capacity.
Atletico Madrid need just a point to secure their first La Liga title in 18 years, while Barcelona can steal the championship with a win, putting them tied on points with a vastly superior goal differential.
It’s surprising that Barcelona even have a shot at the title, considering the turmoil the club has faced this year. Manager Gerardo Martino is a lame duck win or lose, and there will plenty of personnel changes this offseason both on and off the pitch.
However, it seems nobody wants to win the title in Spain, with Real Madrid choking away an envious position atop the league just a month ago, and Atletico never truly staking claim to control of the table.
With the Champions League final on the horizon, there are possibly bigger things yet to come this season for Atleti, but the first step is securing the domestic title. Unfortunately, it appears very few fans will be able to witness their potential victory.
- Vancouver sends Nigel Reo-Coker to Chivas USA for Mauro Rosales 0
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 5
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 9
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2