May 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Hull City fans are in dreamland after an incredible start to the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium… but Arsenal are fighting back.
After just three minutes Hull were ahead as a drilled corner from the right found Tom Huddlestone on the edge of the box and his goalbound effort was tucked home by David Chester to send the Hull fans wild.
Soon after the amber and black contingent were enjoying more scenes of jubilation as they went 2-0 up thanks to Curtis Davies tucking the ball home after a goalmouth scramble in the 7th minute.
Arsene Wenger stood hands on hips and looked at the ground with disgust. The Gunners’ defense had imploded as Hull go off to a flyer with their physical approach proving too hot to handle.
It could have been 3-0 to Hull after 12 minutes as Alex Bruce saw his header cleared off the line by Kieran Gibbs. Arsenal’s nightmare start at Wembley looked to have cost them their best chance of silverware in nine years as the Gunners, and pretty much everyone else, underestimated Hull City.
Then the Spanish magician Santi Cazorla stepped up and curled in a wonderful free kick after 16 minutes to make it 2-1 and put Arsenal right back in the match. Two chances for Mesut Ozil followed as Arsenal pushed for the equalizer.
A flurry of early goals has this FA Cup turning into an instant classic with half time approaching.
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 0
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 4
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 3