May 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Neymar and Xavi will start on the bench for Barcelona in today’s huge La Liga match-up between table leaders Atletico Madrid and the Blaugranas.
Atleti manager Diego Simeone, for his part, has inserted David Villa into the Starting XI to face his former mates.
Barca trails today’s opponents by three points in the league table, meaning a win gives the Camp Nou club another title. A single point or more gives Atleti its first Spanish title since 1996.
Barcelona: Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio, Cesc, Iniesta, Alexis, Pedro, Messi
Subs: Olazábal, Xavi, Neymar, Jordi Alba, Song, Bartra, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Montoya, S.Roberto
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Villa, D.Costa
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0