May 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Neymar and Xavi will start on the bench for Barcelona in today’s huge La Liga match-up between table leaders Atletico Madrid and the Blaugranas.
Atleti manager Diego Simeone, for his part, has inserted David Villa into the Starting XI to face his former mates.
Barca trails today’s opponents by three points in the league table, meaning a win gives the Camp Nou club another title. A single point or more gives Atleti its first Spanish title since 1996.
Barcelona: Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio, Cesc, Iniesta, Alexis, Pedro, Messi
Subs: Olazábal, Xavi, Neymar, Jordi Alba, Song, Bartra, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Montoya, S.Roberto
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Villa, D.Costa
- Southampton 0-1 Swansea: Shelvey snatches win with sensational late strike 0
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0