May 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Neymar and Xavi will start on the bench for Barcelona in today’s huge La Liga match-up between table leaders Atletico Madrid and the Blaugranas.
Atleti manager Diego Simeone, for his part, has inserted David Villa into the Starting XI to face his former mates.
Barca trails today’s opponents by three points in the league table, meaning a win gives the Camp Nou club another title. A single point or more gives Atleti its first Spanish title since 1996.
Barcelona: Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio, Cesc, Iniesta, Alexis, Pedro, Messi
Subs: Olazábal, Xavi, Neymar, Jordi Alba, Song, Bartra, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Montoya, S.Roberto
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Villa, D.Costa
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 1
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: Orlando City SC 5-2 Columbus Crew SC (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0