May 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Neymar and Xavi will start on the bench for Barcelona in today’s huge La Liga match-up between table leaders Atletico Madrid and the Blaugranas.
Atleti manager Diego Simeone, for his part, has inserted David Villa into the Starting XI to face his former mates.
Barca trails today’s opponents by three points in the league table, meaning a win gives the Camp Nou club another title. A single point or more gives Atleti its first Spanish title since 1996.
Barcelona: Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio, Cesc, Iniesta, Alexis, Pedro, Messi
Subs: Olazábal, Xavi, Neymar, Jordi Alba, Song, Bartra, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Montoya, S.Roberto
Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Villa, D.Costa
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0