May 19, 2014, 1:11 PM EST
Plenty of Eagles will be soaring across the U.S. this summer, but you should watch out for eagles of the English variety.
That’s right, Premier League side Crystal Palace are heading to the USA as Tony Pulis will bring his South London side on a preseason tour in July. Palace will join a whole host of other PL sides heading to the States this summer, as the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool will play in the U.S. as they prepare for the 2014-15 season.
After their sensational second half of the PL season — Palace finished in 11th spot after languishing at the bottom of the table up until November, then the Eagles soared to safety with an incredible run of wins after Pulis took charge — the Eagles will now prepare for their first ever second-consecutive season in the top-flight by pitting their wits against two MLS sides, Columbus Crew and Philadelphia Union, and finishing up against the Richmond Kickers of USL Pro.
Palace will arrive on July 20 and train in Ohio before playing Columbus on July 23 to face Gregg Berhalter’s Columbus side (Berhalter is a former Palace player, no less) at Crew Stadium. They will then travel to PPL Park to play Philadelphia on July 25 before heading down to Richmond to play the Kickers on July 28.
The tour will not only benefit the players but in the release on their website Palace claim they are aiming to develop their brand in the United States of America after several of their games were watched by huge numbers of fans in the USA during the 2013-14 Premier League season.
Fans who loved to watch the Eagles battle away from relegation and cause plenty of huge upsets in the PL will now get the chance to see them up close and personal this summer in the States.
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 2
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0