May 21, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
As he prepares to play the biggest game of his life, Atletico Madrid on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois continues to be asked about next year (over and over and over again).
The Chelsea man is being tipped to return to his parent club, which presents a major problem. Petr Cech is just 32-years-old and unlikely to get fired up about his prospects as a back-up.
And Courtois may be just 22, but he’s not willing to back up anyone.
“I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world,” Courtois told BBC Sport.
“We will see in the next week if we can sit together with Chelsea to find something for next year, find out what they want, what my desire is. We will see.”
“The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup. Things are unclear at the moment.”
It’s not an easy decision for Jose Mourinho (or maybe it is. Who knows with anything related to The Special One?). But bringing back Courtois would seemingly have to be a starting role, or at least the majority starter. Competition brings out the best in people, but the goalkeeper position is one of special consideration.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 1
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0