May 21, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Yesterday, LA Galaxy and USMNT defender Omar Gonzalez decided to cut his hair, and left the final style up to the internet.
That’s a horribly dangerous prospect that nearly had dastardly consequences.
On Instagram, Gonzalez posted a recent headshot of his side-by-side with an old one of a cleaner cut saying he was “thinking of throwing in the towel and choppin’ the mop.”
Well, that he did, posting a poll which anyone could vote in to decide his next hairstyle. The choices were:
- Leave it as it is aka “Mun” aka “Samurai”
- Comb over
- Short and tight
Whoever persuaded Gonzalez to add in the “mullet” option, either as a joke or for real, nearly got the last laugh as “mullet” garnered 35% of the vote. It was only narrowly shot down by “short and tight” with its 36%.
Literally no one is surprised, considering the internet pounces at every chance it gets to cause mischief. “As is” got 14% while “comb over” came in last with 13%.
Gonzalez posted a photo of him about to go “under the knife” and then finally one of the final result:
We’re glad cooler heads prevailed, Omar, although I’m sure Alexi Lalas, the leader of all mischievous internet minions, would have much preferred to go with the mullet.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0
- Despite defeat to Chelsea, Louis van Gaal hails Manchester United’s “best match of season” 1
- Three things we learned from Chelsea’s win vs. Manchester United 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United: Hazard leads defensive Blues past Red Devils (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-1 Reading: Alexis helps Gunners clinch FA Cup final berth 0