May 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting soccer post, click “next” now. If you want soccer involved in a golf and tennis world relationship split, move on.
Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki is going through a tough spell right now, with the 23-year-old Danish woman having her engagement to golf star Rory McIlroy broken off.
And while her ex-beau, the Northern Irish golfer, aired his emotions during a pre-tournament press conference earlier this week, Wozniacki has turned to her love for a Premier League club for “comfort.”
It’s a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages!Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I’ll never walk alone
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) May 22, 2014
Without sounding like an awful, insensitive writer, we’re confident that she’ll only walk alone for about as long as she wants.
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 3
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 3