May 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting soccer post, click “next” now. If you want soccer involved in a golf and tennis world relationship split, move on.
Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki is going through a tough spell right now, with the 23-year-old Danish woman having her engagement to golf star Rory McIlroy broken off.
And while her ex-beau, the Northern Irish golfer, aired his emotions during a pre-tournament press conference earlier this week, Wozniacki has turned to her love for a Premier League club for “comfort.”
It’s a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages!Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I’ll never walk alone
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) May 22, 2014
Without sounding like an awful, insensitive writer, we’re confident that she’ll only walk alone for about as long as she wants.
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 3
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 3
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2