May 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting soccer post, click “next” now. If you want soccer involved in a golf and tennis world relationship split, move on.
Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki is going through a tough spell right now, with the 23-year-old Danish woman having her engagement to golf star Rory McIlroy broken off.
And while her ex-beau, the Northern Irish golfer, aired his emotions during a pre-tournament press conference earlier this week, Wozniacki has turned to her love for a Premier League club for “comfort.”
It’s a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages!Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I’ll never walk alone
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) May 22, 2014
Without sounding like an awful, insensitive writer, we’re confident that she’ll only walk alone for about as long as she wants.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1