May 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting soccer post, click “next” now. If you want soccer involved in a golf and tennis world relationship split, move on.
Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki is going through a tough spell right now, with the 23-year-old Danish woman having her engagement to golf star Rory McIlroy broken off.
And while her ex-beau, the Northern Irish golfer, aired his emotions during a pre-tournament press conference earlier this week, Wozniacki has turned to her love for a Premier League club for “comfort.”
It’s a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages!Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I’ll never walk alone
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) May 22, 2014
Without sounding like an awful, insensitive writer, we’re confident that she’ll only walk alone for about as long as she wants.
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 3
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 1
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 0
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9