May 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting soccer post, click “next” now. If you want soccer involved in a golf and tennis world relationship split, move on.
Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki is going through a tough spell right now, with the 23-year-old Danish woman having her engagement to golf star Rory McIlroy broken off.
And while her ex-beau, the Northern Irish golfer, aired his emotions during a pre-tournament press conference earlier this week, Wozniacki has turned to her love for a Premier League club for “comfort.”
It’s a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages!Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I’ll never walk alone
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) May 22, 2014
Without sounding like an awful, insensitive writer, we’re confident that she’ll only walk alone for about as long as she wants.
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 2
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 1
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1