May 22, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Miami’s proposed MLS stadium may have shifted preferred locations, but that doesn’t change the impressive nature of their goals.
Ownership group David Beckham, Marcelo Claure, Simon Fuller are hoping to make their stadium the jewel of 23-acre museum park project on the water in Downtown Miami.
In a press conference on Thursday, Claure and others repeatedly mentioned that MLS demands a downtown stadium in order for Miami to have a team and promised to produce one of the most iconic teams in the world, as well as a world-class tourist destination.
The group put forth two lists of import. The first included their goals to build the stadium with no city or public money, to respect the referendum and to be the people’s team.
The second was the necessities for the stadium, that it would offer an unrivaled fan experience, an economic asset to Miami, an urban location and transactional experience.
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: Real Salt Lake 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 8
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3