May 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com has Jurgen Klinsmann’s explanation for omitting Landon Donovan from the United States 23-man World Cup roster.
Saying the other guys “were just a little bit ahead of him,” Klinsmann explained his decision below.
Do you buy it? Did he always know? Why did he invite Donovan to the 30-man, instead of ripping the bandage off earlier?
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 0
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 18