May 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com has Jurgen Klinsmann’s explanation for omitting Landon Donovan from the United States 23-man World Cup roster.
Saying the other guys “were just a little bit ahead of him,” Klinsmann explained his decision below.
Do you buy it? Did he always know? Why did he invite Donovan to the 30-man, instead of ripping the bandage off earlier?
- Russia, Vladimir Putin criticize US government for “illegal persecution” of FIFA 0
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6