May 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com has Jurgen Klinsmann’s explanation for omitting Landon Donovan from the United States 23-man World Cup roster.
Saying the other guys “were just a little bit ahead of him,” Klinsmann explained his decision below.
Do you buy it? Did he always know? Why did he invite Donovan to the 30-man, instead of ripping the bandage off earlier?
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 10