May 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com has Jurgen Klinsmann’s explanation for omitting Landon Donovan from the United States 23-man World Cup roster.
Saying the other guys “were just a little bit ahead of him,” Klinsmann explained his decision below.
Do you buy it? Did he always know? Why did he invite Donovan to the 30-man, instead of ripping the bandage off earlier?
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT takes on Peru in important tune-up match (Lineups) 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 37