May 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com has Jurgen Klinsmann’s explanation for omitting Landon Donovan from the United States 23-man World Cup roster.
Saying the other guys “were just a little bit ahead of him,” Klinsmann explained his decision below.
Do you buy it? Did he always know? Why did he invite Donovan to the 30-man, instead of ripping the bandage off earlier?
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12