May 22, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Less than a month after being fired as Manchester United manager, David Moyes is at the center of a police investigation.
According to the Guardian, Moyes was involved in a nasty altercation at a wine bar with a 23-year-old man in Clitheroe, Lancashire on Wednesday evening.
Moyes, 51, has not been named officially as the person in question but reports suggest the former United boss was indeed at the center of a brawl which resulted in an alleged assault.
This would cap off a miserable few months for the former Everton boss, who took charge of English powerhouse Man United last August but steered the club to seventh place in the Premier League standings, their lowest ever finish, and was fired in April with four games of the season to go.
A statement was released by the Lancashire Police force as the investigation into an alleged assault involving Moyes continues.
“Police are investigating a report of an assault at the Emporium wine bar in Clitheroe. Officers attended the bar at about 10pm yesterday (Wednesday, 21 May) and it was reported that a 23-year-old local man had been assaulted by a 51-year-old man. He did not require hospital treatment. Inquiries are ongoing and we are speaking to a number of people to try to establish the circumstances. There are a number of differing accounts which we need to work through to try to establish exactly what has happened. No one has been arrested at this stage.”
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0