May 24, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Atletico Madrid are 45 minutes away from completing an incredible double and winning their first-ever UEFA Champions League title.
In the 35th minute a corner was cleared to the edge of the box but the ball was hooked straight back in and Diego Godin headed over Iker Casillas who made a real hash of trying to come off his line.
Casillas was caught in no man’s land and the ball soared over his head and just crossed the line before the Real Madrid captain could claw the ball way. Atletico were 1-0 up despite failing to get control of the the ball and Real dominating possession.
Atletico are now on the verge of an incredible double which nobody ever expected at the start of this season.
Will Godin’s header be the game-winner? Can Real fight back?
Click on the link above to follow the match live.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5