May 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
The fat lady was warming up her lungs in Lisbon… but Sergio Ramos wasn’t having any of it.
With Atletico Madrid leading 1-0 and less than 120 seconds away from their first-ever UEFA Champions League title, Ramos popped up to head home in the 93rd minute and send the the match to extra time with the score locked at 1-1.
Luke Modric’s perfect free kick from the right found Ramos who flicked his effort into the far corner to send Real’s fans wild. The Spanish central defender has now scored three goals in his last two Champions League matches and came up big when it mattered most.
Can Real now turn the game on its head and win their tenth UCL title? Or will Atleti regroup and make history?
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 4
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 1
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5