May 24, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
The first-ever UEFA Champions League final between two teams from the same city will see both Atletico and Real Madrid start with their star men on the pitch in Lisbon.
Atletico have surprisingly included Spanish international forward Diego Costa in their starting lineup after the forward was deemed to be extremely doubtful for the biggest match in Atleti’s history. However Costa’s speedy recovery from a serious hamstring injury will hand Diego Simeone’s La Liga champions a huge boost at Lisbon’s Estadio da Luz.
As for Real, their main man and FIFA World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to start as he partners Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema in a sensational three-pronged attack. German international Sami Khedira replaces the suspended Xabi Alonso in midfield, as Khedira continues his recovery from a long-term knee injury.
The full lineups for both teams are below, as a stunning UCL final awaits in the Portuguese capital.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Subs: Diego Lopez, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Morata, Isco, Illarramendi.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis; Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Raul Garcia; Villa, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa.
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 0
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 3
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4