May 24, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
The first-ever UEFA Champions League final between two teams from the same city will see both Atletico and Real Madrid start with their star men on the pitch in Lisbon.
Atletico have surprisingly included Spanish international forward Diego Costa in their starting lineup after the forward was deemed to be extremely doubtful for the biggest match in Atleti’s history. However Costa’s speedy recovery from a serious hamstring injury will hand Diego Simeone’s La Liga champions a huge boost at Lisbon’s Estadio da Luz.
As for Real, their main man and FIFA World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to start as he partners Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema in a sensational three-pronged attack. German international Sami Khedira replaces the suspended Xabi Alonso in midfield, as Khedira continues his recovery from a long-term knee injury.
The full lineups for both teams are below, as a stunning UCL final awaits in the Portuguese capital.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Subs: Diego Lopez, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Morata, Isco, Illarramendi.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis; Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Raul Garcia; Villa, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa.
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2