May 24, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
The first-ever UEFA Champions League final between two teams from the same city will see both Atletico and Real Madrid start with their star men on the pitch in Lisbon.
Atletico have surprisingly included Spanish international forward Diego Costa in their starting lineup after the forward was deemed to be extremely doubtful for the biggest match in Atleti’s history. However Costa’s speedy recovery from a serious hamstring injury will hand Diego Simeone’s La Liga champions a huge boost at Lisbon’s Estadio da Luz.
As for Real, their main man and FIFA World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to start as he partners Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema in a sensational three-pronged attack. German international Sami Khedira replaces the suspended Xabi Alonso in midfield, as Khedira continues his recovery from a long-term knee injury.
The full lineups for both teams are below, as a stunning UCL final awaits in the Portuguese capital.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Subs: Diego Lopez, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Morata, Isco, Illarramendi.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis; Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Raul Garcia; Villa, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa.
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 0
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0