May 24, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
The first-ever UEFA Champions League final between two teams from the same city will see both Atletico and Real Madrid start with their star men on the pitch in Lisbon.
Atletico have surprisingly included Spanish international forward Diego Costa in their starting lineup after the forward was deemed to be extremely doubtful for the biggest match in Atleti’s history. However Costa’s speedy recovery from a serious hamstring injury will hand Diego Simeone’s La Liga champions a huge boost at Lisbon’s Estadio da Luz.
As for Real, their main man and FIFA World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to start as he partners Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema in a sensational three-pronged attack. German international Sami Khedira replaces the suspended Xabi Alonso in midfield, as Khedira continues his recovery from a long-term knee injury.
The full lineups for both teams are below, as a stunning UCL final awaits in the Portuguese capital.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Subs: Diego Lopez, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Morata, Isco, Illarramendi.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis; Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Raul Garcia; Villa, Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Mario Suarez, Adrian, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa.
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 19