May 25, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
A spot-kick comeback and an unbelievable goal helped Rotherham earn promotion to the English Championship after a 2-2 draw with Leyton Orient.
Alex Revell bagged a double, including this unbelievable goal from what has to be at least 40 yards out.
His second goal (that crazy one we’ll link to again because it’s bonkers) caused Rotherham’s manager and Rob Ford lookalike Steve Evans to burst onto the pitch in a wild sprint.
Leyton Orient blew two leads in the match – one being the 2-0 lead they had in the match that Revell wiped out with his brace, and the other being their 3-2 lead in the penalty shootout before Rotherham goalkeeper saved a pair of poor penalties from Mathieu Baudry and Chris Dagnall for the win.
The penalties caused the animated Evans to become so nervous he was caught eating his tie.
Rotherham’s double comeback denies Orient the chance to make it 11 London clubs in the top two English divisions. Instead, Rotherham secured their second promotion in two years after playing in League Two just two seasons ago.
The club has clearly put a period of uncertainty behind them, working on a new stadium and a merry-go-round at the managerial job.
Hey, let’s watch that goal again!
The golazo from Revell is a bit of redemption for Rotherham, who saw Preston North End do something similar in the semifinal against them.
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 8
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 3
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 4