May 25, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
A horrible tragedy struck the soccer world today, as the Champions League will never be the same after the loss of a prominent member.
Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, without warning, brutally murdered his beautiful, blond flowing locks with the help of a world-renowned hair stylist.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s hair stylist Miguel Siero tweeted a photo of the Croatian’s new look, and sadly, the news is confirmed to be true.
Just yesterday, the wonderful mane was on full display as Real Madrid won the Champions League final, and Modric was a centerpiece to the comeback victory as he maestro’d the midfield by completing 76 of 85 passes and assisting Sergio Ramos’s equalizer with a perfect looping corner to the penalty spot.
But now, after finding itself at the top of the game, the life of his hairdo has come to a violent and untimely end.
The question now is, will his big, looping free kicks and pinpoint passing still be as precise, or will he succumb to a Samson-like fall from grace without his wonderful hair?
Congratulations to Luka for his win, but shame on you for this poor, impulsive decision. The world now has a void that will take years to replace.
Here is a before-and-after to give you an idea of the wholescale life change Modric made:
We’ll let Michael Scott help express our feelings for this tragedy:
- VIDEO: Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 2
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 0
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 3
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 20
- Sepp Blatter refuses to quit as FIFA president despite plea from UEFA’s Michel Platini 8
- Russia, Vladimir Putin criticize US government for “illegal persecution” of FIFA 18