May 25, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
A horrible tragedy struck the soccer world today, as the Champions League will never be the same after the loss of a prominent member.
Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, without warning, brutally murdered his beautiful, blond flowing locks with the help of a world-renowned hair stylist.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s hair stylist Miguel Siero tweeted a photo of the Croatian’s new look, and sadly, the news is confirmed to be true.
Just yesterday, the wonderful mane was on full display as Real Madrid won the Champions League final, and Modric was a centerpiece to the comeback victory as he maestro’d the midfield by completing 76 of 85 passes and assisting Sergio Ramos’s equalizer with a perfect looping corner to the penalty spot.
But now, after finding itself at the top of the game, the life of his hairdo has come to a violent and untimely end.
The question now is, will his big, looping free kicks and pinpoint passing still be as precise, or will he succumb to a Samson-like fall from grace without his wonderful hair?
Congratulations to Luka for his win, but shame on you for this poor, impulsive decision. The world now has a void that will take years to replace.
Here is a before-and-after to give you an idea of the wholescale life change Modric made:
We’ll let Michael Scott help express our feelings for this tragedy:
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 0
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1
- LIVE – Champions League half time update: Blowouts! Get your blowouts here! 0