May 25, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Let’s keep this simple.
In case you were living under a rock since last Thursday, you would’ve heard that U.S. national team legend Landon Donovan was left off the final USMNT roster for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Shock. Anger. Despair. Acceptance.
Those are the emotions most USMNT fans have gone through in the last three days since Donovan’s omission was made official by Jurgen Klinsmann. We had a plethora of content on the exclusion, what it means for the USA, Donovan, Klinsmann and everything else you could possibly think of (find links to those articles below).
However now that the news has sunk in, it is time to have your say and vote on whether or not Klinsmann was right to oust Donovan from appearing in his fourth-straight World Cup for the Stars and Stripes.
Vote below and let us know your feelings on this incredible story that has dominated the soccer community in the U.S. over the past few days and the ramifications are likely to be felt in the coming weeks and months.
USMNT ROSTER ANNOUNCEMENT
- Analyzing Klinsmann’s cuts | Klinsmann explains decision (VIDEO)
- SOCCERLY: Why those seven aren’t going to Brazil
- Clear message from Klinsmann’s roster: 2018 is in focus
- Twitter reacts to decision | Donovan issues Facebook statement
- SOCCERLY: Klinsmann’s son deletes cruel Donovan tweet, then deletes account
- By position: Forwards who made the U.S. squad | Midfielders | Defenders
- With the 23-man set, how does the USMNT line up for the World Cup?
- Donovan staying home: Where his omission ranks among others who’ll miss the World Cup
- Lesson of the day: Still a lot to learn about Jurgen Klinsmann
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 6
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 7
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0