May 26, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Premier Leaguers mentioned in the same breath as Inter Milan over the past couple months include Nemanja Vidic — who’se made it official — and Patrice Evra, but now it’s the son of English soccer royalty whose name is making the rounds.
Former Blackpool winger Tom Ince, who finished last season on loan to Crystal Palace, is in Milan to discuss playing with his father’s old club.
“This is fantastic for me,” said Ince.
“I’m not an Inter player yet,” he added. “But I’m very happy to be here two or three days in the meantime.
“Inter have a fantastic squad and Italy is a great country, where I have many fond memories.”
What’s most surprising, really, is that Blackpool didn’t capitalize on a transfer earlier and will not make under $300,000 on the deal.
Ince has also been linked with Monaco and Olympiakos, according to the BBC report, though his father — former English captain Paul Ince — has said he’s excited at the possibility.
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 0
- Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid, rejects new contract 0
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 10
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2