May 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
James Ward-Prowse isn’t exactly a household name but if he keeps bending in free kicks like this, he will be soon enough.
The England U-21 international scored a stunning free kick, watch the video above, as the Three Lions fell 2-1 to Brazil in the Toulon tournament. Ward-Prowse was England’s skipper in their Toulon opener and the midfielder has a bright future ahead of him.
The teenager’s technique resembles that of a certain Englishman who was pretty good at whipping in set pieces: David Beckham.
Ward-Prowse, 19, has a penchant for curling in beautiful free kicks which proves his latest effort wasn’t a fluke. Check out the videos below to see the Southampton youngster, who made his Premier League debut at the age of 18 and already has two full seasons in the PL under his belt, bend some more beauties in.
The teenager reveals his technique, shows off his incredible skill on the training ground.
Here another trademark Ward-Prowse free kick, this time vs. San Marino.
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 0
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 8
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 7
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 5