May 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
James Ward-Prowse isn’t exactly a household name but if he keeps bending in free kicks like this, he will be soon enough.
The England U-21 international scored a stunning free kick, watch the video above, as the Three Lions fell 2-1 to Brazil in the Toulon tournament. Ward-Prowse was England’s skipper in their Toulon opener and the midfielder has a bright future ahead of him.
The teenager’s technique resembles that of a certain Englishman who was pretty good at whipping in set pieces: David Beckham.
Ward-Prowse, 19, has a penchant for curling in beautiful free kicks which proves his latest effort wasn’t a fluke. Check out the videos below to see the Southampton youngster, who made his Premier League debut at the age of 18 and already has two full seasons in the PL under his belt, bend some more beauties in.
The teenager reveals his technique, shows off his incredible skill on the training ground.
Here another trademark Ward-Prowse free kick, this time vs. San Marino.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1