May 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
James Ward-Prowse isn’t exactly a household name but if he keeps bending in free kicks like this, he will be soon enough.
The England U-21 international scored a stunning free kick, watch the video above, as the Three Lions fell 2-1 to Brazil in the Toulon tournament. Ward-Prowse was England’s skipper in their Toulon opener and the midfielder has a bright future ahead of him.
The teenager’s technique resembles that of a certain Englishman who was pretty good at whipping in set pieces: David Beckham.
Ward-Prowse, 19, has a penchant for curling in beautiful free kicks which proves his latest effort wasn’t a fluke. Check out the videos below to see the Southampton youngster, who made his Premier League debut at the age of 18 and already has two full seasons in the PL under his belt, bend some more beauties in.
The teenager reveals his technique, shows off his incredible skill on the training ground.
Here another trademark Ward-Prowse free kick, this time vs. San Marino.
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1