May 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
James Ward-Prowse isn’t exactly a household name but if he keeps bending in free kicks like this, he will be soon enough.
The England U-21 international scored a stunning free kick, watch the video above, as the Three Lions fell 2-1 to Brazil in the Toulon tournament. Ward-Prowse was England’s skipper in their Toulon opener and the midfielder has a bright future ahead of him.
The teenager’s technique resembles that of a certain Englishman who was pretty good at whipping in set pieces: David Beckham.
Ward-Prowse, 19, has a penchant for curling in beautiful free kicks which proves his latest effort wasn’t a fluke. Check out the videos below to see the Southampton youngster, who made his Premier League debut at the age of 18 and already has two full seasons in the PL under his belt, bend some more beauties in.
The teenager reveals his technique, shows off his incredible skill on the training ground.
Here another trademark Ward-Prowse free kick, this time vs. San Marino.
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2