May 27, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Did Jurgen Klinsmann “give away” his Starting XI for Tuesday’s friendly against Azerbaijan a day early?
Monday’s open practice ended with an 11v11 game for the fans who came out to watch their hopeful World Cup heroes, and here’s how Klinsmann trotted out one side:
Johnson’s move to the right shows not only his versatility but the States troubles at right back, as Johnson isn’t necessarily a natural fit for the position. Bedoya may surprise some folks, but there are few other wild cards in the bunch (unless you’re a major Omar Gonzalez fan who completely ignored Geoff Cameron‘s year at Stoke).
Obviously, Klinsmann will get to deploy six subs tonight as well and there’s no guarantee there won’t be changes, but what do you think?
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1