May 27, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Birmingham City has a pair of North American players, and soon could have backing from the continent as well.
Jonathan Spector and Will Packwood are the players, but little has been disclosed about the potential “minority interest” purchasers of the English Championship side.
Here is the response from Birmingham International Holdings Limited, the holding company of Birmingham City Football Club:
Acting chairman Peter Pannu has added: “I can confirm that BIHL remains in advanced talks with a British consortium with a very strong North American investment fund.“However, specific details cannot be disclosed at this moment in time due to non-disclosure agreements and HKSE regulations. There are many technical issues still to be resolved and legal representatives from both parties remain in advanced discussions to pave the way forward.”
- FA Cup preview: Wembley trips on the line as Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool shoot for semis 0
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 3
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3