May 27, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Birmingham City has a pair of North American players, and soon could have backing from the continent as well.
Jonathan Spector and Will Packwood are the players, but little has been disclosed about the potential “minority interest” purchasers of the English Championship side.
Here is the response from Birmingham International Holdings Limited, the holding company of Birmingham City Football Club:
Acting chairman Peter Pannu has added: “I can confirm that BIHL remains in advanced talks with a British consortium with a very strong North American investment fund.“However, specific details cannot be disclosed at this moment in time due to non-disclosure agreements and HKSE regulations. There are many technical issues still to be resolved and legal representatives from both parties remain in advanced discussions to pave the way forward.”
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 2
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0