May 27, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Birmingham City has a pair of North American players, and soon could have backing from the continent as well.
Jonathan Spector and Will Packwood are the players, but little has been disclosed about the potential “minority interest” purchasers of the English Championship side.
Here is the response from Birmingham International Holdings Limited, the holding company of Birmingham City Football Club:
Acting chairman Peter Pannu has added: “I can confirm that BIHL remains in advanced talks with a British consortium with a very strong North American investment fund.“However, specific details cannot be disclosed at this moment in time due to non-disclosure agreements and HKSE regulations. There are many technical issues still to be resolved and legal representatives from both parties remain in advanced discussions to pave the way forward.”
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 5
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0
- League Cup roundup: Sheffield United shocks Saints, Chelsea also moves to semifinals 0