May 27, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Birmingham City has a pair of North American players, and soon could have backing from the continent as well.
Jonathan Spector and Will Packwood are the players, but little has been disclosed about the potential “minority interest” purchasers of the English Championship side.
Here is the response from Birmingham International Holdings Limited, the holding company of Birmingham City Football Club:
Acting chairman Peter Pannu has added: “I can confirm that BIHL remains in advanced talks with a British consortium with a very strong North American investment fund.“However, specific details cannot be disclosed at this moment in time due to non-disclosure agreements and HKSE regulations. There are many technical issues still to be resolved and legal representatives from both parties remain in advanced discussions to pave the way forward.”
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2