May 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Yaya Toure was perhaps the best player in the Premier League last season, and almost certainly the top performer during Manchester City’s run to another title.
But his off-field antics since the season ended have been less than savory.
First put off by the ownership’s lack of proper birthday plaudits, the Ivory Coast then spent some time talking about how much every club loves him. Now, Yaya is openly-speaking about his desire to one day play for Paris Saint-Germain.
“PSG has become one (of the) strongholds in Europe. It would be an honour to be part of such a club one day. If I could help…”
Oh, if only…
This is the same man who spoke about wanting to finish out his career at Barcelona. What did they do to him at Manchester City this year. Were there a bunch of “Good game Yaya, but not great. You only scored twice!” comments rolling around. Did they give every player a private island for their birthday, but only a mansion to Yaya?
Good grief. Well, at least PSG fans can dream.
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 2
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 3
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6
- Player ratings: How did the USMNT fare in defeat to Denmark? 5