May 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Yaya Toure was perhaps the best player in the Premier League last season, and almost certainly the top performer during Manchester City’s run to another title.
But his off-field antics since the season ended have been less than savory.
First put off by the ownership’s lack of proper birthday plaudits, the Ivory Coast then spent some time talking about how much every club loves him. Now, Yaya is openly-speaking about his desire to one day play for Paris Saint-Germain.
“PSG has become one (of the) strongholds in Europe. It would be an honour to be part of such a club one day. If I could help…”
Oh, if only…
This is the same man who spoke about wanting to finish out his career at Barcelona. What did they do to him at Manchester City this year. Were there a bunch of “Good game Yaya, but not great. You only scored twice!” comments rolling around. Did they give every player a private island for their birthday, but only a mansion to Yaya?
Good grief. Well, at least PSG fans can dream.
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0
- Report: Garcia’s World Cup ethics report to be released after all 4
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 3