May 28, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Angel Di Maria, in a phrase, has the soccer world by its Brazucas.
The 26-year-old Argentine is fresh off a Man of the Match performance in the UEFA Champions League final, and is set to represent Argentina in a South American setting during this summer’s World Cup.
And the man with the tremendous crossing ability is in demand. Real Madrid would really like him to stick around, but no fewer than a half-dozen world class suitors are said to be begging the attacker to join their sides.
The Express is reporting that Arsenal, Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain have all made bids for Di Maria, while both Manchester giants and Juventus are also trying to bring him aboard.
And for the record, a silly season source told South American site UOL Sport that Di Maria wants out of Madrid:
But reports in Argentina claim that Di Maria is set to disappoint Real and could even agree a deal to leave within the next few weeks.
According to UOL Sport, a source close the player said: “It is true that he is leaving because he wants to go.
“It is very likely that he will leave before the end of the World Cup in Brazil.”
Well if he’s leaving cause he wants to go, who can stop him?
A player like Di Maria can instantly make an entire group of strikers better with his passing and crossing, let alone how lethal he can be given space. Perhaps his move will be the biggest of the summer, even if he ends up signing a lucrative extension with Real Madrid.
Where would you like to see Di Maria play in 2014/15?
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1