May 28, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Angel Di Maria, in a phrase, has the soccer world by its Brazucas.
The 26-year-old Argentine is fresh off a Man of the Match performance in the UEFA Champions League final, and is set to represent Argentina in a South American setting during this summer’s World Cup.
And the man with the tremendous crossing ability is in demand. Real Madrid would really like him to stick around, but no fewer than a half-dozen world class suitors are said to be begging the attacker to join their sides.
The Express is reporting that Arsenal, Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain have all made bids for Di Maria, while both Manchester giants and Juventus are also trying to bring him aboard.
And for the record, a silly season source told South American site UOL Sport that Di Maria wants out of Madrid:
But reports in Argentina claim that Di Maria is set to disappoint Real and could even agree a deal to leave within the next few weeks.
According to UOL Sport, a source close the player said: “It is true that he is leaving because he wants to go.
“It is very likely that he will leave before the end of the World Cup in Brazil.”
Well if he’s leaving cause he wants to go, who can stop him?
A player like Di Maria can instantly make an entire group of strikers better with his passing and crossing, let alone how lethal he can be given space. Perhaps his move will be the biggest of the summer, even if he ends up signing a lucrative extension with Real Madrid.
Where would you like to see Di Maria play in 2014/15?
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3