May 28, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
La Liga champion Atletico Madrid is all over the transfer rumor headlines today, with Manchester United, Chelsea and San Lorenzo the partners in crime.
It comes on the same day the club rolled out its new uniforms.
First comes The Daily Star’s report that Atleti defender Joao Miranda is on his way to Old Trafford, with Louis van Gaal triggering the 29-year-old’s $40 million release clause in order to hand out a four-year contract.
UPDATE: Multiple connected Manchester United “sources” have shot down the rumor as garbage.
Meanwhile, Tiago Mendes is being tipped for a return to Chelsea to rejoin former boss Jose Mourinho. Marca is the source for this rumor.
And that doesn’t mean Atletico is strictly being raided this summer, as they are being linked with the “new Sergio Aguero” in Argentina’s teenage sensation Angel Correa. The 5-foot-9 19-year-old has 12 goals in 65 appearances for Argentine club San Lorenzo.
The pair are about the same size, but Aguero was more prolific at a younger age before heading to Madrid.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1