May 28, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
La Liga champion Atletico Madrid is all over the transfer rumor headlines today, with Manchester United, Chelsea and San Lorenzo the partners in crime.
It comes on the same day the club rolled out its new uniforms.
First comes The Daily Star’s report that Atleti defender Joao Miranda is on his way to Old Trafford, with Louis van Gaal triggering the 29-year-old’s $40 million release clause in order to hand out a four-year contract.
UPDATE: Multiple connected Manchester United “sources” have shot down the rumor as garbage.
Meanwhile, Tiago Mendes is being tipped for a return to Chelsea to rejoin former boss Jose Mourinho. Marca is the source for this rumor.
And that doesn’t mean Atletico is strictly being raided this summer, as they are being linked with the “new Sergio Aguero” in Argentina’s teenage sensation Angel Correa. The 5-foot-9 19-year-old has 12 goals in 65 appearances for Argentine club San Lorenzo.
The pair are about the same size, but Aguero was more prolific at a younger age before heading to Madrid.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1