May 28, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
The Netherlands provisional roster is down to 29, thanks to an injury to Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.
That makes two high-profile midfielders down for the count, as Kevin Strootman was lost for the tournament during AS Roma’s season.
The 31-year-old attacker hurt his calf during training for Louis van Gaal’s unit, and will not participate in the 2014 World Cup.
The two-time vice captain did not score in his previous World Cups, 2006 and 2010, and was hoping to rectify that in Brazil.
Here are the remaining midfielders currently in Dutch camp: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Leroy Fer (Norwich), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV Eindhoven).
Van der Vaart is in his second stint with Hamburg after spending time at Tottenham, Ajax and Real Madrid. He has 25 goals for country in 109 caps.
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 13
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0