May 28, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
But chairman Ralph Krueger says there have been no offers for the pair, and that the club’s main focus right now is handling the bevy of potential managers interested in running the Premier League’s 8th place side.
“Les Reed [Saints' football director] is inundated at the moment with requests from high quality managers all over Europe trying to come to Southampton,” he told Sky Sports News.
“The scouting and recruiting group that we have is the same group that found Mauricio Pochettino and people asked: ‘Who’s this guy?’
“We are building a long list which should quickly become a short list.”
Saints are known for their strong scouting system and academy for youth players, so will they be able to achieve the same feat in replacing Pochettino? The report says Murat Yakin, former FC Basel manager, is the favorite for the job.
It will be a massive challenge for the club to turn down big money for Lallana and Shaw amongst others, but the Saints should be able to turn that cash into other strong players. It’s a very interesting time at St. Mary’s.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1