May 28, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
But chairman Ralph Krueger says there have been no offers for the pair, and that the club’s main focus right now is handling the bevy of potential managers interested in running the Premier League’s 8th place side.
“Les Reed [Saints’ football director] is inundated at the moment with requests from high quality managers all over Europe trying to come to Southampton,” he told Sky Sports News.
“The scouting and recruiting group that we have is the same group that found Mauricio Pochettino and people asked: ‘Who’s this guy?’
“We are building a long list which should quickly become a short list.”
Saints are known for their strong scouting system and academy for youth players, so will they be able to achieve the same feat in replacing Pochettino? The report says Murat Yakin, former FC Basel manager, is the favorite for the job.
It will be a massive challenge for the club to turn down big money for Lallana and Shaw amongst others, but the Saints should be able to turn that cash into other strong players. It’s a very interesting time at St. Mary’s.
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 3
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 1