May 30, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The NBC Sports social media crew have come up with a nifty way to get your fantasy fix during the World Cup with this little bit of fun. If you have been keeping tabs on the latest crazes, you will have seen this game cropping up in plenty of other sports.
With less than two weeks to go until the World Cup opener, you have $30 to spend on a World Cup team. Pick your starting XI from the list of players below and make sure you keep the total value of you 11 players under 30 bucks.
Will the U.S. national team players dominate your squad or will you go for a star-studded lineup from Europe?
Have some fun, share with your buddies and keep tabs on how the players you select perform at the World Cup this summer.
Enjoy! We’ve already had plenty of banter about this at PST’s HQ.
- Clint Dempsey replaced by Michael Bradley as USMNT captain for Gold Cup 1
- Despite devastating World Cup exit, England’s women inspired a nation 5
- US ask Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials 0
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 7
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 6