May 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
In the latest edition of MLS Insider, we catch up with U.S. national team player Maurice Edu.
After spending several seasons abroad playing in Scotland, England and Turkey, Edu is now back playing in Major League Soccer with the Philadelphia Union. He was called into Jurgen Klinsmann’s provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup this summer but didn’t make it past the final round of cuts.
Here we see a behind-the-scenes look at Edu’s family life and track his upbringing by his Nigerian parents in California. Edu’s dad played soccer in Nigeria and both his parents played a huge role in his success on the pitch and in the classroom.
Sit back and listen to the story of how Edu went from a college star as a first round draft pick, to an MLS stud who then played overseas and for the USA.
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 3
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 3
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 4
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0