May 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
In the latest edition of MLS Insider, we catch up with U.S. national team player Maurice Edu.
After spending several seasons abroad playing in Scotland, England and Turkey, Edu is now back playing in Major League Soccer with the Philadelphia Union. He was called into Jurgen Klinsmann’s provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup this summer but didn’t make it past the final round of cuts.
Here we see a behind-the-scenes look at Edu’s family life and track his upbringing by his Nigerian parents in California. Edu’s dad played soccer in Nigeria and both his parents played a huge role in his success on the pitch and in the classroom.
Sit back and listen to the story of how Edu went from a college star as a first round draft pick, to an MLS stud who then played overseas and for the USA.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0