Jun 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
He’ll turn 21 by the time the tournament ends, and DeAndre Yedlin seems more of the future than the present (even after earning his fourth cap against Turkey on Sunday). Seattle’s hometown hero has pace to burn and was an MLS All-Star in 2013.
Full name: DeAndre Yedlin
Hometown: Seattle, Washington
Caps/goals: 4 caps, 0 goals
Club: Seattle Sounders
Best moment in a U.S. shirt: Presumably his debut on Feb. 1 against South Korea, at least until the first time he pulls on a shirt in Brazil.
Starter or squad player at World Cup? Yedlin’s a squad player at outside back, but it’d be unwise to completely rule out the Sounders youngster. Fabian Johnson’s performance makes it unlikely Yedlin could make a real dent at right back, but Klinsmann’s clear search for answers on the left side could make an out-of-position appearance or two a possibility.
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 0
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 2
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0