Jun 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
He’ll turn 21 by the time the tournament ends, and DeAndre Yedlin seems more of the future than the present (even after earning his fourth cap against Turkey on Sunday). Seattle’s hometown hero has pace to burn and was an MLS All-Star in 2013.
Full name: DeAndre Yedlin
Hometown: Seattle, Washington
Caps/goals: 4 caps, 0 goals
Club: Seattle Sounders
Best moment in a U.S. shirt: Presumably his debut on Feb. 1 against South Korea, at least until the first time he pulls on a shirt in Brazil.
Starter or squad player at World Cup? Yedlin’s a squad player at outside back, but it’d be unwise to completely rule out the Sounders youngster. Fabian Johnson’s performance makes it unlikely Yedlin could make a real dent at right back, but Klinsmann’s clear search for answers on the left side could make an out-of-position appearance or two a possibility.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0