Jun 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Last night, news connecting Cesc Fábregas to Chelsea emerged, something that seemed like a good fit, on paper. With time to follow-up, reports out of England have added a new twist to the Barcelona star’s transfer story: Chelsea’s manager may not share the same excitement as his board.
According to The Independent, José Mourinho would like Chelsea to look elsewhere to bolster his third place squad. Those places include: Atlético Madrid, where Koke is being targeted; Juventus, where Paul Pogba is the object of many teams’ desires; and Porto, where central defender Eliaquim Mangala has drawn the Blues’ attention. With young Brazilian Oscar reportedly meeting Mourinho’s need for creativity in midfield, Chelsea may not be among Fábregas’s main suitors.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1