Jun 3, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Heading into the big tournaments with your national teams, many players are faced with the realization of being away from their loved ones for quite a long period of time.
Specifically their wives and/or girlfriends.
Jurgen Klinsmann was asked about that dilemma and how it impacts the USA in a video produced by the Soccer Gods. Basically it went along the lines of “Jurgen, will you let the U.S. players have sex during the World Cup?”
Asked about Mexico’s coach not allowing his players to engage in “intimacy and physicality” (their words, not mine) off the pitch during the World Cup, Klinsmann had the following to say in regards to how strict he will be with the USMNT’s… off field activities.
“We are very casual the way we approach things. They [players’ families] can pretty much come any time, they will be at the games, they can come to the hotel and we can have barbecues together. Every nation is different. I played in different countries where you didn’t see your girlfriend or your wife for two months. That was more the Italian background when I played in Italy. Every team and country has a different approach based on their culture.
I respect the Mexican approach because it is their culture. We have a group of guys together and an environment that is very open and casual… but once we go on the field for training and before the games we are very serious and down to business.”
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0