Jun 3, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Heading into the big tournaments with your national teams, many players are faced with the realization of being away from their loved ones for quite a long period of time.
Specifically their wives and/or girlfriends.
Jurgen Klinsmann was asked about that dilemma and how it impacts the USA in a video produced by the Soccer Gods. Basically it went along the lines of “Jurgen, will you let the U.S. players have sex during the World Cup?”
Asked about Mexico’s coach not allowing his players to engage in “intimacy and physicality” (their words, not mine) off the pitch during the World Cup, Klinsmann had the following to say in regards to how strict he will be with the USMNT’s… off field activities.
“We are very casual the way we approach things. They [players’ families] can pretty much come any time, they will be at the games, they can come to the hotel and we can have barbecues together. Every nation is different. I played in different countries where you didn’t see your girlfriend or your wife for two months. That was more the Italian background when I played in Italy. Every team and country has a different approach based on their culture.
I respect the Mexican approach because it is their culture. We have a group of guys together and an environment that is very open and casual… but once we go on the field for training and before the games we are very serious and down to business.”
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 3-0 Orlando City SC 7
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0