Jun 4, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
A Ghanian witch doctor has is claiming responsibility for the knee injury that is threatening to keep Cristiano Ronaldo out of the 2014 World Cup.
Nana Kwaku Bonsam, whose name translates literally to “Devil of Wednesday”, predicted last December that he would inflict a severe injury on the Portuguese winger that would rule him out of this summer’s contest.
“I know what Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury is about, I’m working on him,” said Bonsam in an interview with the Kumasi-based Angel FM.
“I am very serious about it. Last week, I went around looking for four dogs and I got them to be used in manufacturing a special spirit called Kahwiri Kapam.
“I said it four months ago that I will work on Cristiano Ronaldo seriously and rule him out of the World up or at least prevent him from playing against Ghana and the best thing I can do is to keep him out though injury.
“This injury can never be cured by any medic, they can never see what is causing the injury because it is spiritual. Today, it is his knee, tomorrow it is his thigh, next day it is something else.”
The final concoction that Bonsam drew up to take down the mighty Cristiano involves a special powder from his gods, mixed with several leaves and concoctions which have been placed around an image and caricature of the player.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1