Jun 5, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Aston Villa, AS Roma and Newcastle United are in the transfer news Thursday morning.
It’s between Villa and Roma for the higher profile signing. Paul Lambert‘s Villans have reportedly brought Swiss World Cup defender Philippe Senderos back to the Premier League after a brief spell for Valencia.
Senderos, 29, left Fulham this year after four years with London club and previously spent 2004-10 at Arsenal with loans to Everton and AC Milan. The 6-foot-3 back will be a welcome addition to Villa, and should be a terrific tandem with Ron Vlaar.
Meanwhile, AS Roma continues to build for its Champions League return with the pick-up of Malian star Seydou Keita. The 34-year-old was also at Valencia last season but is best known for making well over 100 appearances for Barcelona between 2008-12.
And Newcastle is set for its first signing in 18 months with the long-rumored acquisition of former Sunderland player Jack Colback. A Geordie boy, Colback would be suiting up for his boyhood heroes. Colback can play outside back in addition to midfield and reportedly will sign on July 1.
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 2
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 9
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 7