Jun 5, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
I’m a bit of a music nerd/jerk, meaning I
waste dough on buy vinyl records that I already own on CD or mp3 and everything. So when I tell you that I’ve been listening to one song over and over and over this afternoon, you know I’m giving you the real deal on an up-and-coming artist.
Maybe you’ve heard of USA Soccer Guy and follow him on Twitter. Maybe you’re one of the people who’ve been duped by his Tweets into thinking it’s a serious account. Maybe you’re unaware of the bliss that awaits you.
Well, USA Soccer Guy, American soccer fan that he is, has penned a country-rock-rap single to kick off the World Cup properly, entitled “Kick That Soccer Ball.”
My top three lines:
1) “Thanks, buddy, for the real nice soccer.”
2) “The world’s a soccer ball, spinning forever and ever.”
3) “Four years, one cup, turn the awesome up.”
He’s really upped his game for the World Cup, because following him during the Premier League season was incredibly enjoyable. The England shirt pictured above is one of the funniest of his creative bunch.
I’m honestly unsure that this song isn’t the culmination of everything soccer’s founders envisioned for the sport.
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0