Jun 6, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
World Cup veteran and Sporting KC stalwart Benny Feilhaber has left Friday night’s game against Houston with a separated shoulder.
It’s a huge blow for KC, who leads 1-0 on the road. Soony Saad scored a goal assisted by Feilhaber on the play in question.
Eric Brunner was given a yellow on the challenge to Feilhaber. The 29-year-old was racing to poke a loose ball to Saad when Brunner made a reckless tackle that felled the midfielder, who leapt and landed both hard and awkwardly on his shoulder.
Sal Zizzo replaced him.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0