Jun 6, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
World Cup veteran and Sporting KC stalwart Benny Feilhaber has left Friday night’s game against Houston with a separated shoulder.
It’s a huge blow for KC, who leads 1-0 on the road. Soony Saad scored a goal assisted by Feilhaber on the play in question.
Eric Brunner was given a yellow on the challenge to Feilhaber. The 29-year-old was racing to poke a loose ball to Saad when Brunner made a reckless tackle that felled the midfielder, who leapt and landed both hard and awkwardly on his shoulder.
Sal Zizzo replaced him.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7