Jun 6, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
World Cup veteran and Sporting KC stalwart Benny Feilhaber has left Friday night’s game against Houston with a separated shoulder.
It’s a huge blow for KC, who leads 1-0 on the road. Soony Saad scored a goal assisted by Feilhaber on the play in question.
Eric Brunner was given a yellow on the challenge to Feilhaber. The 29-year-old was racing to poke a loose ball to Saad when Brunner made a reckless tackle that felled the midfielder, who leapt and landed both hard and awkwardly on his shoulder.
Sal Zizzo replaced him.
- Rodriguez, Schneiderlin close to joining Pochettino at Tottenham 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 1