Jun 6, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
World Cup veteran and Sporting KC stalwart Benny Feilhaber has left Friday night’s game against Houston with a separated shoulder.
It’s a huge blow for KC, who leads 1-0 on the road. Soony Saad scored a goal assisted by Feilhaber on the play in question.
Eric Brunner was given a yellow on the challenge to Feilhaber. The 29-year-old was racing to poke a loose ball to Saad when Brunner made a reckless tackle that felled the midfielder, who leapt and landed both hard and awkwardly on his shoulder.
Sal Zizzo replaced him.
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 5
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0