Jun 6, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
World Cup veteran and Sporting KC stalwart Benny Feilhaber has left Friday night’s game against Houston with a separated shoulder.
It’s a huge blow for KC, who leads 1-0 on the road. Soony Saad scored a goal assisted by Feilhaber on the play in question.
Eric Brunner was given a yellow on the challenge to Feilhaber. The 29-year-old was racing to poke a loose ball to Saad when Brunner made a reckless tackle that felled the midfielder, who leapt and landed both hard and awkwardly on his shoulder.
Sal Zizzo replaced him.
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 0
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 5
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 9
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6