Jun 7, 2014, 12:29 AM EST
Japan defeated Zambia in a 4-3 thriller on Friday that featured two goals worth watching well before Yoshito Okubo buried the winner in stoppage time.
First, Nathan Sinkala of Zambia had the benefit of a well-designed dummy off a corner kick to put Zambia into a 2-0 lead.
But Shinji Kagawa — yes, that Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United fame — buried a curler to tie the score at 2.
Kagawa’s goal also benefited from a fake, though the intentions on this one aren’t clear as to whether the runner thought he could deflect it home.
Oh, and backflips!!
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0