Jun 7, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
Japan defeated Zambia in a 4-3 thriller on Friday that featured two goals worth watching well before Yoshito Okubo buried the winner in stoppage time.
First, Nathan Sinkala of Zambia had the benefit of a well-designed dummy off a corner kick to put Zambia into a 2-0 lead.
But Shinji Kagawa — yes, that Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United fame — buried a curler to tie the score at 2.
Kagawa’s goal also benefited from a fake, though the intentions on this one aren’t clear as to whether the runner thought he could deflect it home.
Oh, and backflips!!
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 2
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 8
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 6
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0