Jun 7, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
Japan defeated Zambia in a 4-3 thriller on Friday that featured two goals worth watching well before Yoshito Okubo buried the winner in stoppage time.
First, Nathan Sinkala of Zambia had the benefit of a well-designed dummy off a corner kick to put Zambia into a 2-0 lead.
But Shinji Kagawa — yes, that Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United fame — buried a curler to tie the score at 2.
Kagawa’s goal also benefited from a fake, though the intentions on this one aren’t clear as to whether the runner thought he could deflect it home.
Oh, and backflips!!
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 0
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 4
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0
- Premier League player of month on pace for 67 goals (video) 0