Jun 7, 2014, 12:29 AM EST
Japan defeated Zambia in a 4-3 thriller on Friday that featured two goals worth watching well before Yoshito Okubo buried the winner in stoppage time.
First, Nathan Sinkala of Zambia had the benefit of a well-designed dummy off a corner kick to put Zambia into a 2-0 lead.
But Shinji Kagawa — yes, that Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United fame — buried a curler to tie the score at 2.
Kagawa’s goal also benefited from a fake, though the intentions on this one aren’t clear as to whether the runner thought he could deflect it home.
Oh, and backflips!!
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0