Jun 8, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
After missing out on England’s World Cup squad, Ashley Cole decided to take a trip to the United States.
While in Hollywood, the Chelsea defender visited a nightclub, and now he’s under investigation by the police for battery.
According to Los Angeles police, someone filed a complaint that Cole allegedly poured champagne on British model and TV presenter Donatella Panayiotou during his time at the Hollywood club Lure.
The complaint arrived May 31, and police have 30 days to decide whether they want to press charges.
According to reports, former teammate Shaun Wright-Phillips was in Cole’s group when the incident took place.
Chelsea’s spokesperson declined to comment to the Mirror, who first reported the story, saying it was a “private matter.”
With Cole reportedly linked with a move to Major League Soccer, an incident such as this could not only scare away any potential suitors in the States, but also nullify any agreements he could have already reached.
The 33-year-old’s contract with Chelsea expires this summer.
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 0
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 3
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3