Jun 8, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Still without a stadium, the English legend is hoping to secure Moyes before another club can snatch him up, with the former Everton and Manchester United manager publicly wishing for another shot at the Champions League.
Beckham, who oddly enough played with Moyes briefly at Preston North End when Becks was just a 19-year-old Manchester United loanee, is obviously looking to compete with the star power being brought in by the other expansion clubs.
New York City FC officially snatched up David Villa as its first player, and Frank Lampard is rumored to be following him to the Big Apple. Orlando City FC is rumored to be hot on the trail of Brazilian players Kaka and Robinho.
However, failing to make an impact in 10 months at Manchester United, Moyes is hoping to prove himself again on the European stage, and it will be a tough sell to bring the Scottish manager to the United States.
Beckham’s Miami franchise won’t join Major League Soccer until 2017.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3