Jun 8, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Still without a stadium, the English legend is hoping to secure Moyes before another club can snatch him up, with the former Everton and Manchester United manager publicly wishing for another shot at the Champions League.
Beckham, who oddly enough played with Moyes briefly at Preston North End when Becks was just a 19-year-old Manchester United loanee, is obviously looking to compete with the star power being brought in by the other expansion clubs.
New York City FC officially snatched up David Villa as its first player, and Frank Lampard is rumored to be following him to the Big Apple. Orlando City FC is rumored to be hot on the trail of Brazilian players Kaka and Robinho.
However, failing to make an impact in 10 months at Manchester United, Moyes is hoping to prove himself again on the European stage, and it will be a tough sell to bring the Scottish manager to the United States.
Beckham’s Miami franchise won’t join Major League Soccer until 2017.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0