Jun 9, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
Apparently Louis van Gaal loves using our old Western New York park game called ‘Kill The Kid With The Ball’ in World Cup training for the Netherlands.
Is it any wonder the Dutch have injury concerns for the tournament in Brazil? Yes, I know Kevin Strootman was hurt playing Serie A, but holy smokes: this video helps explain how Rafael van der Vaart was lost for the World Cup after suffering an injury in training (no word on whether there were kitanas or throwing stars involved).
First Nigel de Jong cleans out Wesley Sneijder (this should surprise no one, as de Jong’s picture would be next to ‘brutal tackle’ in a football dictionary). Then Martins Indi takes down Arjen Robben, and it turns into a “Mr. Bean” episode as Robben responds later by repeatedly kicking out at Indi.
And look at the picture above. Van Gaal is right there. Hope Wayne Rooney is ready to brawl in August.
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 1
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 4