Jun 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Raise your hand if you had “fast-food chain” as a front-runner to produce one of the more memorable World Cup commercials — and that’s saying something — of 2014.
Trick shot videos are nothing new, but there’s something to this ad. And by ‘something,’ I mean that World Cup starts later this week and it’s all I can think about as my entire morning has consisted of checking friendly scores, injury updates and watching John Oliver’s segment on FIFA corruption.
In fact, Group I of the World Cup is Me, my three-year-old son, 100 cups of coffee and an endless game living room “keep-away” played while I hum “Mas Que Nada” from the 1998 Brazil airport commercial.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1