Jun 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Raise your hand if you had “fast-food chain” as a front-runner to produce one of the more memorable World Cup commercials — and that’s saying something — of 2014.
Trick shot videos are nothing new, but there’s something to this ad. And by ‘something,’ I mean that World Cup starts later this week and it’s all I can think about as my entire morning has consisted of checking friendly scores, injury updates and watching John Oliver’s segment on FIFA corruption.
In fact, Group I of the World Cup is Me, my three-year-old son, 100 cups of coffee and an endless game living room “keep-away” played while I hum “Mas Que Nada” from the 1998 Brazil airport commercial.
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 2
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0