Jun 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Raise your hand if you had “fast-food chain” as a front-runner to produce one of the more memorable World Cup commercials — and that’s saying something — of 2014.
Trick shot videos are nothing new, but there’s something to this ad. And by ‘something,’ I mean that World Cup starts later this week and it’s all I can think about as my entire morning has consisted of checking friendly scores, injury updates and watching John Oliver’s segment on FIFA corruption.
In fact, Group I of the World Cup is Me, my three-year-old son, 100 cups of coffee and an endless game living room “keep-away” played while I hum “Mas Que Nada” from the 1998 Brazil airport commercial.
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 2
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0