Jun 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Raise your hand if you had “fast-food chain” as a front-runner to produce one of the more memorable World Cup commercials — and that’s saying something — of 2014.
Trick shot videos are nothing new, but there’s something to this ad. And by ‘something,’ I mean that World Cup starts later this week and it’s all I can think about as my entire morning has consisted of checking friendly scores, injury updates and watching John Oliver’s segment on FIFA corruption.
In fact, Group I of the World Cup is Me, my three-year-old son, 100 cups of coffee and an endless game living room “keep-away” played while I hum “Mas Que Nada” from the 1998 Brazil airport commercial.
- Everton willing to set new club transfer record to bring Romelu Lukaku back to Goodison 0
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 0
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 1
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 10