Jun 12, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Francesc Fàbregas is back in the Premier League.
The 27-year-old Spanish national team midfielder will return from the World Cup with a new London club, agreeing to join Chelsea after spending 2011-14 with Barcelona.
Of course, “Cesc” played the first nine years of his career with Arsenal.
“I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for my return.
“Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take up this option and therefore it wasn’t meant to be. I wish them well in the future.
“I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies.
“They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can’t wait to start playing.”
Fabregas will team up with manager Jose Mourinho and a Chelsea squad that finished 2013/14 as UEFA Champions League semifinalists and in the Premier League’s No. 3 slot.
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 9
- 2015-16 Premier League Power Rankings, Vol. I: Taking very early stock with Man City on top 8