Jun 12, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Francesc Fàbregas is back in the Premier League.
The 27-year-old Spanish national team midfielder will return from the World Cup with a new London club, agreeing to join Chelsea after spending 2011-14 with Barcelona.
Of course, “Cesc” played the first nine years of his career with Arsenal.
“I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for my return.
“Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take up this option and therefore it wasn’t meant to be. I wish them well in the future.
“I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies.
“They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can’t wait to start playing.”
Fabregas will team up with manager Jose Mourinho and a Chelsea squad that finished 2013/14 as UEFA Champions League semifinalists and in the Premier League’s No. 3 slot.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2