Jun 13, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
The United States is scheduled to open its World Cup journey against Ghana in Netal on Monday, but the city has weathered heavy rains and is in rough shape.
If the match between Mexico and Cameroon is any indication of the weather in Natal, it could be a wet start for the Stars and Stripes.
As El Tri put on an attacking display, the beach was a mess. As you can see below, O Globo’s twitter account sent out a picture of the beach in Natal, where mud covered cars after gobs of rain swamped the region.
According to Weather.com, there is a 50-60% chance of rain every day from now until Tuesday, meaning the US could be playing in the wet as well.
The FIFA-sanctioned fan fest was meant to be a gathering of those making the trip to Brazil, and one was held in every host city across Brazil.
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 0
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1