Jun 13, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
The United States is scheduled to open its World Cup journey against Ghana in Netal on Monday, but the city has weathered heavy rains and is in rough shape.
If the match between Mexico and Cameroon is any indication of the weather in Natal, it could be a wet start for the Stars and Stripes.
As El Tri put on an attacking display, the beach was a mess. As you can see below, O Globo’s twitter account sent out a picture of the beach in Natal, where mud covered cars after gobs of rain swamped the region.
According to Weather.com, there is a 50-60% chance of rain every day from now until Tuesday, meaning the US could be playing in the wet as well.
The FIFA-sanctioned fan fest was meant to be a gathering of those making the trip to Brazil, and one was held in every host city across Brazil.
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 1
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1