Jun 13, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The Dutch were in dreamland after their domination of the defending champions, and Dutch paper De Telegraaf took note.
The headline, which translates to “Dream start,” features an iconic picture of van Persie’s first goal, the acrobatic equalizer for the Netherlands just before halftime that is an early leader for goal of the tournament.
“Droomstart!” sounds more like something Darth Vader would say, but that’s Dutch for you.
Meanwhile, Spain’s point of view is understandably angry, with Marca putting up a front page flooded with black and giant letters reading “Fix this”
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 10