Jun 13, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The Dutch were in dreamland after their domination of the defending champions, and Dutch paper De Telegraaf took note.
The headline, which translates to “Dream start,” features an iconic picture of van Persie’s first goal, the acrobatic equalizer for the Netherlands just before halftime that is an early leader for goal of the tournament.
“Droomstart!” sounds more like something Darth Vader would say, but that’s Dutch for you.
Meanwhile, Spain’s point of view is understandably angry, with Marca putting up a front page flooded with black and giant letters reading “Fix this”
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 4
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 2
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 4