Jun 13, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The Dutch were in dreamland after their domination of the defending champions, and Dutch paper De Telegraaf took note.
The headline, which translates to “Dream start,” features an iconic picture of van Persie’s first goal, the acrobatic equalizer for the Netherlands just before halftime that is an early leader for goal of the tournament.
“Droomstart!” sounds more like something Darth Vader would say, but that’s Dutch for you.
Meanwhile, Spain’s point of view is understandably angry, with Marca putting up a front page flooded with black and giant letters reading “Fix this”
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1