Jun 13, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The Dutch were in dreamland after their domination of the defending champions, and Dutch paper De Telegraaf took note.
The headline, which translates to “Dream start,” features an iconic picture of van Persie’s first goal, the acrobatic equalizer for the Netherlands just before halftime that is an early leader for goal of the tournament.
“Droomstart!” sounds more like something Darth Vader would say, but that’s Dutch for you.
Meanwhile, Spain’s point of view is understandably angry, with Marca putting up a front page flooded with black and giant letters reading “Fix this”
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 1
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3