Jun 13, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
The Dutch were in dreamland after their domination of the defending champions, and Dutch paper De Telegraaf took note.
The headline, which translates to “Dream start,” features an iconic picture of van Persie’s first goal, the acrobatic equalizer for the Netherlands just before halftime that is an early leader for goal of the tournament.
“Droomstart!” sounds more like something Darth Vader would say, but that’s Dutch for you.
Meanwhile, Spain’s point of view is understandably angry, with Marca putting up a front page flooded with black and giant letters reading “Fix this”
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 3
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 3