Jun 13, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Manchester City’s defense received a boost on Friday, one day after firming up their connection with a current defender.
“I wanna thank the whole staff working at the club, the fans for accepting me so fast, making it smooth for myself and my family, my team-mates which I consider my true friends today and I had a great pleasure learning with them.
“Of course I wanna thank the coach Mr Wenger who believed in me, gave me his trust and clearly changed my life. Now, it’s time for me to move on and one more time THANK YOU.”
The team also extended Serbian defender Aleksandar Kolarov to an extension that will run through 2018:
“I am very happy and very proud of this new contract. I will give to this club probably the best stages of my football career and I am very happy that I continue with this club which feels now like my home,” smiled Kolarov.
Kolarov is 28-years-old.
City’s loaded up for 2014/15 already. With the moves made by rivals Chelsea and Liverpool, let alone what Arsenal, Manchester United and others achieve before August, the Premier League could reach new top-end peaks.
- MLS Snapshot: Sporting KC 1-1 Philadelphia Union 0
- Reports: Geoff Cameron, seeking CB time, draws heavy Premier League interest 0
- Learn the chants for every Premier League team! 4
- Updated team-by-team list of Premier League transfers this summer 3
- US U23 list for Bahamas camp unveiled as Olympic prep continues 0
- New York City FC could be a proving ground for Man City youth 6