Jun 13, 2014, 8:33 PM EST
Uguruay coach Oscar Tabarez is going to be incredibly cautious with how he uses Luis Suarez in this World Cup.
A player in possibly the best form coming into this World Cup, the Premier League top-scorer had minor meniscus surgery under two weeks ago, and his knee could still be unstable.
As a result, Tabarez doesn’t want to risk his star striker hurting himself even more going forward, despite having just returned to full training.
Uruguay plays Costa Rica on Saturday at 3:00pm ET in Fortaleza.
“We still have one day to go,” Tabarez said. “We don’t want to jump the gun. We have prepared not to have him, but it would be wonderful to have him. We have to be very careful.”
For more on the Suarez situation, check out our partners at Soccerly.com.
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Seattle Sounders 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 4
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0