Jun 16, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Well, the game is pretty much over, but this is a bit much.
Down to 10 men and trailing 3-0 at halftime, reports are coming out of the Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador that Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo headed down the tunnel to trade shirts with Real Madrid teammate and Germany star Sami Khedira
This is one of many Tweets, and from The Irish Times’ Ken Early. The Washington Post confirms it.
in the tunnel, ronaldo swapped shirts with sami khedira
— Ken Early (@kenearlys) June 16, 2014
It was also mentioned by Jon Champion on American TV coverage of the game, and it’s quite bizarre. Athletes live in a different world than us, but you’re telling me no one in the Portugal locker room does a double-take when they see the captain head into the locker room
shirtless with a Germany jersey.
I imagine the exchange went down like this:
“Hey, CRON, where’s your jersey?”
“Well, Sami said they’d probably be pulling me since we’re getting squashed and he wanted to make sure we traded shirts.”
Jeepers. Don’t think he’s “into the game” right now. Not so much, at least.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0