Jun 18, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
Twitter is erupting with news that ahead of the Group B World Cup showdown with Spain, Chile fans have breached stadium security and are storming the stadium.
Reports are flying in from a number of respected outlets, including Gabrielle Marcotti, Rafael Hongistein and Telegraph Sport, that dozens of Chile fans without tickets broke through a fence and charged into the stadium via the main press center.
While in the press center, holes were punched in walls and media stations were toppled, all the result of a failure in security measures ahead of one of the most anticipated matches of the group stage.
A number of the Chile fans were detained by security while others seemed to have made it into the stands after breaking a temporary barrier. One fan, a Chilean woman, was injured and reportedly taken outside in a wheelchair.
More to follow but for now, these tweets paint the picture…
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6