Jun 18, 2014, 2:56 PM EST
Twitter is erupting with news that ahead of the Group B World Cup showdown with Spain, Chile fans have breached stadium security and are storming the stadium.
Reports are flying in from a number of respected outlets, including Gabrielle Marcotti, Rafael Hongistein and Telegraph Sport, that dozens of Chile fans without tickets broke through a fence and charged into the stadium via the main press center.
While in the press center, holes were punched in walls and media stations were toppled, all the result of a failure in security measures ahead of one of the most anticipated matches of the group stage.
A number of the Chile fans were detained by security while others seemed to have made it into the stands after breaking a temporary barrier. One fan, a Chilean woman, was injured and reportedly taken outside in a wheelchair.
More to follow but for now, these tweets paint the picture…
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0