Jun 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Germany will certainly be confident after an emphatic 4-0 victory over Portugal in their first game, but Ghana are likely to be desperately seeking points. Will the Black Stars be able to survive? Catch the action at 3 p.m. ET.
Germany: Neuer; Howedes, Hummels, Boateng, Mertesacker; Lahm, Khedira, Ozil, Kroos, Gotze; Muller
Ghana: Dauda; Afful, Mensah, Boye, Asamoah; Rabiu, Muntari, Boateng; Atsu, A. Ayew, Gyan
What happens when brother goes up against brother?
Defender Jerome Boateng represents Germany. Midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng elected to represent Ghana. Will they go easy on each other? Most people who’ve experienced two brothers rough-housing when trapped inside on a rainy day are likely to laugh at such an idea. Still, it’ll be interesting to watch.
Which side should USMNT fans be cheering?
Germany currently top Group G, with a three-goal advantage over the United States. Neither Portugal nor Ghana have a point. Should the USMNT want to top the group, obviously supporters should be cheering on Ghana (I know; it’s hard). But for those who simply want the U.S. to push as deep as possible into the tournament, the logical choice would be to support Germany. Six points to the Germans would put both the U.S. and Germany through, should the U.S. beat Portugal.
In other words, it’s still best for the U.S. to be worrying about beating Portugal … but still, which side do you guys favor?
Germany opened the 2010 World Cup with a 4-0 victory, only to lose their second game. Don’t except that this time – it should be a comfortable win for them.
One blogger’s prediction
This blogger predicted an easy game for Argentina against Iran, and Argentina barely nudged three points. Still, this one seems like it’s gotta be a Germany win.
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 0
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 21
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0