Jun 24, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
Luis Suarez is at it again. Surely not?
For the third time in his career, it looks as though Suarez has bitten an opposition player. At this point it is pure speculation, but in the 79th minute of Uruguay’s final Group G game against Italy, Suarez bowed his head into Italian defender Chiellini and it looks as though he sunk his teeth into Chiellini’s shoulder.
[ RELATED: Chiellini reacts to being bitten ]
[ RELATED: Suarez reaction on Twitter ]
Chiellini dropped to the floor and was incensed with Suarez as he pulled the shoulder of his jersey down and tried to show the referee what he deemed to be bite marks.
Below you can see a Tweet from ITV in England, as that clearly shows the marks on Chiellini’s shoulder.
After receiving better TV angles after the game, Suarez certainly tried to take a chunk out of Chiellini’s shoulder. The man has previous and it certainly looked like the third bite in his career.
Suarez was banned for 10 Premier League games at the end of the 2012-13 season for biting Branislav Ivanovic, after previously being banned for biting a player in Holland when playing for Ajax and being dubbed “the cannibal.”
If this does turn out to be another bite from the Liverpool forward, it will have serious repercussions and yet another lengthy ban will be heading his way.
Below are some photos from the incident, as Chiellini and Suarez collided then the Italian defender writhed in agony before trying to show everyone what had happened. Now, after seeing the numerous TV replays, we know what Suarez did. Regardless of how he tried to cover it up by falling to the floor theatrically, this is a disgrace.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0